As far back as the 16th century, cloth napkins have been an expected staple at formal events of any kind, and at many casual events too. And when planning a wedding, a gala, a 60th birthday celebration, or any special day, table settings are high up on the list of critical decisions that need to be made. The décor of the table will pull in the overall theme and feel of your event and will help create the mood for you and your guests.
From linens to table pieces and place settings, there are many considerations that must be taken into account. And the fold of your napkin is a critical one.
At A’BriTin Catering & Hospitality, we offer three primary napkin styles: The pocket, the drape, and the tent.
- The tent fold is used when height is the ultimate goal at the place setting. When this napkin fold is used, the silverware is placed outside of the plates or charger.
- The single pocket fold works great for narrower spaces and when you want to keep your silverware organized. Some event planners even add a narrow menu and decorate the napkin with a floral piece such as a sprig of rosemary to dress up the look. Not only that, but the pocket is one of the easiest and fastest styles to fold.
- The drape fold provides a lovely waterfall or cascade effect. Event planners tend to select this option when they want additional dimension to the table or when they are looking for a fun contrast between colors and textures with the various linens used.
Of course, for event planners and coordinators looking for a custom fold, we have you covered! Our food and beverage coordinators are excellent napkin folders and have seen and folded just about any napkin design you can think of. So, don’t hesitate to ask for a unique look if you want something different for your special day.
A little bit about A’BriTin Catering & Hospitality
A’BriTin Catering & Hospitality is the premiere catering provider for Minnesota businesses and residents looking to celebrate their most important occasions. Our mission is to listen to our clients and treat them like family to provide a meaningful, trusting, and lasting relationship.
We have the right brand for any catering need and bring experience in all types and sizes of events. Whether it be buffet style, a formal sit-down dinner, or a series of stimulating and tantalizing food stations, you and your guests will be amazed by the core values, colorful food arrangement and display, and professionalism of A’BriTin Catering & Hospitality from beginning to end. Our ultimate goal is to complement your important day with a meal and service that will be remembered for a lifetime.
- Apples 2 Apples Catering offers an ethical farm to table catering concept using healthy ingredients fresh from local farms across Minnesota and Wisconsin. Follow Apples 2 Apples on Instagram and Facebook.
- This Little Piggy Catering is a premiere outdoor catering solution that has been creating lasting memories since 1979. Our specialty is creating fantastic pig roasts, including delicious and colorful Hawaiian Luaus and traditional German-style pigs with all the fixings. Follow This Little Piggy on Instagram and Facebook!
- At Distinctive Catering & Events, we align impeccable service with incredible food for all of your important events. Throughout the planning process, our Food & Beverage Coordinators are here to guide you with their kindness and trusted experience. Our chefs have the capability of customizing your appetizers, food stations, meals, desserts, and late-night snacks, making them truly distinctive to your occasion. Follow Distinctive Catering on Instagram and Facebook.
- Hitch & Sip is a fully licensed and insured liquor catering business. Our services are completely mobile, and we provide all the equipment needed to create your bar experience. Follow the Hitch & Sip on Instagram and Facebook.
To learn more about our various brands and our unique and professional approach to weddings and other special events in Minnesota, please contact us at 612-339-0222 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request a quote. We can’t wait to hear from you and help you create an event to remember.