If you’ve ever been invited to a wedding, chances are that the wedding will fall on a Saturday. Saturday weddings are great for those couples that want to create the least perceived disruption as possible for their guests. On a Saturday, guests don’t likely have to take time off work. If they are traveling to the wedding destination, they can use Friday evening or Saturday morning to get there, and Sunday to get home. For all these reasons and more, Saturdays have simply been the wedding day of choice for eons.
Because Saturdays have been so popular, wedding venues and vendors alike have raised their prices in recent years to match the demand. It’s easy to charge a premium price for a premium day of the week, especially if most customers will pay with no questions asked.
Brides and grooms have caught on, however, and are now questioning whether a Saturday wedding is really a must-have. Though Saturdays will continue to be popular and will account for most weddings for the foreseeable future, many couples have decided to change it up. The popularity of Thursday, Friday, and Sunday weddings is on the rise.
Thursday, Friday, and Sunday weddings are a growing trend
As wedding guest counts are getting lower, and average spend per guest is on the rise, it seems that couples are less in need of that Saturday date. Many couples would rather spend their money on the experience and have less concern about the day of the week. As a result, the popularity of Thursday and Friday evening weddings, and Sunday weddings, are on the rise.
If you are thinking of a wedding on a day other than Saturday, consider our list of reasons why this might be a great idea.
- Wedding venues are significantly cheaper for Thursday, Friday, or Sunday rentals.
- More wedding venues will be available on your desired date
- Off-days allow for some fun creativity – for a Thursday or Friday night wedding, consider an evening ceremony with a cocktail and appetizer reception after, or a Sunday morning wedding followed by a champagne brunch
- Contrary to popular belief, many guests appreciate weeknight and Sunday weddings as it allows them to keep their coveted Saturdays for other obligations and activities
- With a ceremony later in the day, local guests do not need to take time off work
- During peak wedding season (August – September), you will not need to compete with other weddings taking place on the same day
Regardless of the wedding day and date that you choose, your wedding will be an event to remember. Provided you don’t book on an important holiday, you will find that many venues, photographers, and other service-oriented vendors will be more than happy to accommodate your request. In fact, many will appreciate the opportunity to book a night or day that is in lower demand – it’s good for their business too!
A’BriTin Catering & Hospitality will help you create a Thursday, Friday, or Sunday wedding of a lifetime
A’BriTin Catering & Hospitality is the premiere catering provider for Minnesota businesses and residents looking to celebrate their most important occasions. Our mission is to listen to our clients and treat them like family to provide a meaningful, trusting, and lasting relationship. We have the right brand for any catering need and bring experience in all types and sizes of events. Whether it be buffet style, a formal sit-down dinner, or a series of stimulating and tantalizing food stations, you and your guests will be amazed by the core values, colorful food arrangement and display, and professionalism of A’BriTin Catering & Hospitality from beginning to end. Our ultimate goal is to complement your important day with a meal and service that will be remembered for a lifetime.
- Apples 2 Apples Catering offers an ethical farm to table catering concept using healthy ingredients fresh from local farms across Minnesota and Wisconsin. Follow Apples 2 Apples on Instagram and Facebook.
- This Little Piggy Catering is a premiere outdoor catering solution that has been creating lasting memories since 1979. Our specialty is creating fantastic pig roasts, including delicious and colorful Hawaiian Luaus and traditional German-style pigs with all the fixings. Follow This Little Piggy on Instagram and Facebook!
- At Distinctive Catering & Events, we align impeccable service with incredible food for all of your important events. Throughout the planning process, our Food & Beverage Coordinators are here to guide you with their kindness and trusted experience. Our chefs have the capability of customizing your appetizers, food stations, meals, desserts, and late-night snacks, making them truly distinctive to your occasion. Follow Distinctive Catering on Instagram and Facebook.
- Hitch & Sip is a fully licensed and insured liquor catering business. Our services are completely mobile, and we provide all the equipment needed to create your bar experience. Follow the Hitch & Sip on Instagram and Facebook.
To learn more about our various brands and our unique and professional approach to weddings and other special events in Minnesota, please contact us at 612-339-0222 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request a quote. We can’t wait to hear from you and help you create an event to remember.