With the NFL kick-off just last week on September 5, football fans across the country are gearing up for football season. Football fans all across the nation will be kicking their feet up to watch the game on Mondays, Thursdays, and of course, Sundays, through the end of December (unless they are lucky enough to watch the game in person). In many cases, fans will be sitting on the edges of their couches with feet planted firmly on the ground, white-knuckled, hoping (and sometimes praying) that their favorite team will make it to the Super Bowl.
While there is no doubt that a football game is fun, entertaining, and all-consuming, the party before the game is often where the true fun and football camaraderie takes place. Enter the world of tailgating. Though not limited to football season, tailgating parties have taken center stage in recent decades, taking place in stadium parking lots, public parks, and even in your driveway.
5 tips to throw the perfect tailgating party
If you have the honor of hosting the next tailgating party for your football-fan buddies, or before a big concert, the pressure is on to create one heck of an experience. Leverage these tips to create a tailgating party that you and your friends will never forget.
- The party size. How many people are you looking to invite? Are you looking to just invite a few buddies? Or, do you want to extend to significant others? How about children? There are no hard and fast rules here. It is up to you on how big or small you want your party to be.
- The food. Perhaps you want to go pot-luck style (a Minnesota tradition) and have all of your guests bring a surprise dish to pass. Maybe you want to don your chef hat and apron and whip up your favorite cuisine. Or, maybe you want the party but not the stress of the food. If the latter sounds like you, we can help. Burgers, hot dogs, and brats are always a favorite at tailgating parties. But, you can go big or go home too by having This Little Piggy Catering bring out an award-winning slow-cooked whole-roast pig, all dressed, finished, and carved on site and served with an array of barbecue sauces. Tailgaters have loved this option and have enjoyed photos taken with their pig, apple in the mouth and all.
- The extras. When planning a game-day or pre-concert get-together, no one ever seems to forget the food. On the slip side, what does tend to be forgotten are all those tailgating essentials such as plates, napkins, and utensils. And what about tables and chairs, especially if you are looking to host a large group? Make sure that these party essentials make it onto your to-do list.
- The booze. With football comes beer and if you are on the hook to provide the beverages, you will want to be sure not to disappoint. Whether it be a cooler of craft beers and hard seltzers or just some soda, make sure you know what your guests will be expecting. Expecting a large group and want to take it up a notch? Hire the Hitch & Sip, a renovated 1970s horse trailer. Using the countryside as an inspiration, the trailer can come to your event, complete with all the booze you need and a professional bartender to take care of the service. Your guests will be sure to love this unique bar-setting and will likely ask for it to return again and again.
- The fun. Your tailgating party should be about more than just the looming football game or concert. Put those mobile phones away (unless you are taking pictures with the roasted pig or the Hitch & Sip trailer), and let the conversation and camaraderie begin. With so many expectations placed on us today and so little free time to enjoy, take advantage of these tailgating parties with family and friends to let loose in a safe environment.
A’BriTin Catering & Hospitality can help you create a tailgating party that will go down in the record books
A’BriTin Catering & Hospitality is the premiere catering provider for Minnesota businesses and residents looking to celebrate their most important occasions. Our mission is to listen to our clients and treat them like family to provide a meaningful, trusting, and lasting relationship.
We have hosted tailgating parties for as few as 25 people and can host parties into the thousands of guests. From corporate events and outings to family gatherings and friendly parties, we can help you. We can even partner with you on your non-food and beverage needs through our partnerships with a variety of local rental organizations. We can help with tent rental, television rentals, and even entertainment.
With A’BriTin Catering & Hospitality, we can either bring the party to you with a drop-off solution, or we can bring the grill and cook and carve a pig right on the spot. Whatever it is you need to make your tailgating party a success, let’s chat and see what we can do!
- Apples 2 Apples Catering offers an ethical farm to table catering concept using healthy ingredients fresh from local farms across Minnesota and Wisconsin. Follow Apples 2 Apples on Instagram and Facebook.
- This Little Piggy Catering is a premiere outdoor catering solution that has been creating lasting memories since 1979. Our specialty is creating fantastic pig roasts, including delicious and colorful Hawaiian Luaus and traditional German-style pigs with all the fixings. Follow This Little Piggy on Instagram and Facebook!
- At Distinctive Catering & Events, we align impeccable service with incredible food for all of your important events. Throughout the planning process, our Food & Beverage Coordinators are here to guide you with their kindness and trusted experience. Our chefs have the capability of customizing your appetizers, food stations, meals, desserts, and late-night snacks, making them truly distinctive to your occasion. Follow Distinctive Catering on Instagram and Facebook.
- Hitch & Sip is a fully licensed and insured liquor catering business. Our services are completely mobile, and we provide all the equipment needed to create your bar experience. Follow the Hitch & Sip on Instagram and Facebook.
To learn more about our various brands and our unique and professional approach to weddings and other special events in Minnesota, please contact us at 612-339-0222 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request a quote. We can’t wait to hear from you and help you create an event to remember.